User Experience (UX) design is such a hot industry today with no shortage of Medium articles telling you how to break into UX. There’s detailed talk about portfolios, which courses to take, and whether designers should learn how to code, among others.
What they seem to miss, though, is the ‘getting started’ part: How do you do a design project and ensure that it gets from discovery all the way to deployment? If design portfolios are about the projects that you’ve brought to life, then how do we do them and build them well?
Here’s that UX 101 session you’ve always been craving for. Let’s get started.
- The Elements of User Experience by Jesse James Garrett
- “A Comprehensive Overview of UX Design Deliverables” by Nick Babich
- Don’t Make Me Think by Steve Krug
- Just Enough Research by Erika Hall
- “Beating Henry Ford’s Faster Horses” by Josh Seiden
- “Good Design is About Process, not Product” by Jared Sinclair
Presented WordCamp Toronto 2017 (Toronto, Canada)